Online discussion “Citizens in energy transition” was organised by Terra Hub Croatia, Crosol and Green Energy Cooperative on 27 April 2021. The discussion was focused on models of ensuring citizen participation in energy transition in their local communities.
In the first part of the event, several experts gave presentations that offered insights and practical examples on how to improve citizen engagement in energy transition:
- Josh Roberts, higher policy advisor, REScoop.eu, Belgium
- Julije Domac, special advisor to the President of Croatia for energy and climate
- Borut Rajer, director of operations, Borzen, Slovenia
- Kristina Čelić, Head of Department for Energy, Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development
- Sara Foršek and Melani Furlan, Green Energy Cooperative
Second part of the event was a panel discussion titled “Citizens and Energy: What is happening on the ground?” The panelists were:
Moderator: Mislav Kirac, programme director, Green Energy Cooperative
- Goran Čačić, project manager, Green Energy Cooperative
- Gordana Lalić, director of public company Parentium, City of Poreč
- Ivan Zoković, expert on community development and coordinator of Energy Transition of the Island of Korčula, The Island Movement
- Sanela Mikulčić, cooperative manager, KLIK
- Tomi Medved, researcher and project manager, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Ljubljana
- Đorđe Samardžija, cooperative Elektropionir, Beograd
The event was organised within the project ‘Towards an open, fair and sustainable Europe in the world – EU Presidency Project 2019-2021’.