An online discussion titled Dealing with the past and transitional justice in the Western Balkans was held on Wednesday 10 March 2021, organized by Documenta – Centre for Dealing with the Past and Croatian Platform for International Citizen Solidarity. The discussion focused on topics such as processing of war crimes, reparations programmes for victims of war, remembrance culture and building of trust.
The speakers were:
- Nerzuk Čurak, Faculty of Political Sciences, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Bekim Blakaj, Humanitarian Law Center, Kosovo
- Marko Milosavljević, Youth Initiative for Human Rights, Serbia
- Tea Gorjanc Prelević, Human Rights Action, Montenegro
- Saša Petejan, curator and journalist, Slovenia
This discussion is a follow-up to the Declaration by more than 90 Western Balkans civil society organizations titled “With or Without (E)U?” published in May 2020 during the Zagreb Western Balkans summit held during the Croatian presidency of the EU Council. The discussion was moderated by Vesna Teršelič, co-ordinator of Documenta, and it was held within the project ‘Towards an open, fair and sustainable Europe in the world – EU Presidency Project 2019-2021’ .